Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Amish Originals Furniture Co.: Miriam's Journal March 31, 2010

Dear Journal,

I have my greenhouse started. How I enjoy watching the small seedlings emerge through the soil from a very tiny seed. It’s awesome. So far I have onions, early tomatoes, cauliflower, peppers – sweet banana, green bell, yellow bell, and hot – parsley, celery, eggplant, and flowers started. Some seeds take longer to germinate, therefore, they need to be started much earlier than others. Cucumbers, melons, and squash I start in April. Right now my early tomatoes are approximately three inches tall and the onions 2 ½ inches. I’m excited.

The early garden is spaded so as soon as the evenings warm up a little more I want to plant my onion sets (I use them as my green onions), cauliflower, radishes, and peas. These do better in cooler temperatures.

We have also cleaned out the attics and want to have a garage sale sometime in April. Before I married I was single and living in my own home. I had a lot of stuff that I don’t have use for now. I really don’t see much sense in storing it.

I am working on sewing for the next school term. My daughter, Marie, has helped me out in that. She sewed 21 shirts for my three youngest boys. I feel blessed to have someone with that talent. I was sewing on denim pants for the boys. The next thing is the two little girls. I guess they aren’t so little anymore.

God bless,

Miriam

No comments:

Post a Comment