Friday, June 19, 2009

Amish Originals Furniture Co.: Happy Father's Day

My dad was a driving force behind the creation of Amish Originals 17 years ago. Though he passed away last year his influence remains a part of our culture today. Thank you, Dad. Happy Father’s Day.

Children, young or old, tell your dad how much he means to you. Fathers, set the bar high; your influence is profound. And remember, the big ugly tie is really just “an all-day hug around the neck.”

The following is taped to the mirror in my bathroom. It serves as a reminder of the responsibility we all share as fathers. I hope you enjoy your weekend.

Doug Winbigler, Founder

Walk a little plainer, Daddy, said a little boy one day. I’m following your footsteps. And, I want to know the way. Sometimes your steps are very plain, and sometimes hard to see. So walk a little plainer, Daddy, for you are leading me. I know that once you walked this way, many years ago, and what you did along the way, I’d really like to know. For sometimes I am tempted and don’t know what to do, so walk a little plainer, Daddy, for I must follow you. Sometime when I am all grown up, YOU are like I want to be. Then I will know a little boy, who will want to follow me. And, I would want to lead him right, and help him to be true. So, walk a little plainer, Daddy, for we must follow you. -- written in 1965 by Jeanette Ingram

No comments:

Post a Comment